Friday, July 17, 2009

Towel Baby bib

I have recently found the value of a long, absorbent bib. I made these when my son was born, but haven't had a chance to use them until recently. He is now 9 months and loves to discover everything about his food while eating.

The length of this bib is perfect for covering his lap as he sits in his clip on counter chair Seen here . The wider neck straps help protect his shirt when he turns his head with a messy face. And of course the towel is absorbent allowing food to stick and not fall off onto the floor as quickly.



I had part of a towel left over from another project so I made a 2 bibs. (FYI - Target will sometimes have towels on clearance for super cheap! I've been able to find some towels for $.75 before.) I made some cute bias tape from fabric I liked. The tutorial was found here . I then sewed the bias tape around the edge of the bibs.

You can either use Velcro, buttons, or snaps to clasp the bib in the back. I've found that snaps are a little more durable compared to Velcro when little arms are trying to yank them off. . .


I wanted to take these pictures before we started putting these bibs to good use!

No comments: