Monday, July 13, 2009

Mending a hole in a pair of Jeans.

My husband has had a pair of jeans on his shelf for almost 2 years. Why has he not worn them? They had a small hole in the right knee. I decided today I would patch the hole.


1 - Assess: Small hole created by the wearing of the fabric.

2 - Begin: I found a pair of denim to use as a patch. I cut the denim larger than the hole so I would have some fabric to work with. Once the denim was pinned on the wrong side of the pant leg, I went around the hole with a small stitch to hole the patch in place. After the patch was sewn onto the pant leg, I went over the edge of the hole and on top of the whole with a zig zag stitch.



3 - Finished: The stitching goes slightly beyond the border of the hole to help prevent any further wear in the near future.

No comments: