Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Linen Skirt

Skirts are a must in the summer! I love that they are so comfortable and can be dressed up or down. I love linen and wanted to make a cute summer skirt.

This skirt has a simple waist band with 3 panels on the front and 3 panels on the back. The aren't cut on the bias which I was a little sad about once I read the pattern at home (after already buying it), but it turned out great and it doesn't bother me that it's on the grain and not a bias cut. A simple hidden zipper closes the skirt in the back.

It was a New Look pattern at Jo Anns. So simple!!! I was looking for the style I wanted rather than sewing skills. I whipped it up in little over an hour start to finish (cutting out to hem).




I just washed this and hung it to take a picture. I'm sorry I didn't iron it first :(


Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg


2 comments:

edeenut said...

very nice, I like the look of it and Linen is summer comfortable.
I am jealous you get to get together with sisters and I don't get to go.

Pam said...

I have used this pattern. It would be fun in a linen