Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lickety Split Bag

Here's another project that's been in the works for a while. I used Made By Rae's Lickety Split Pattern. Instead of tying the handles together at the top, I decided to sew the handles together. It makes the bag a little longer and allows me to cross it over my body comfortably.

I really love the orange/yellow/brown fabric. My sister was the one who spotted it at Hobby Lobby. We had a hard time trying to find fabric to go with it. I also like the blue and figured they matched well enough to put them on the same bag.
I put one larger pocket on the outside of the bag and two smaller pockets inside. Granted it is a reversible bag, so there really isn't an inside and outside right? I figure I will use the orange fabric for the outside most of the time though.
It was a very simple pattern to follow and I like the bag. I would however like if the fabric were thicker (home decorator fabric) and perhaps include some interfacing to help give the bag more of a shape and support. Other than those two things I love the bag!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that you altered the handles to lay flat across your shoulder. I prefer messenger bags myself!