Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crayon Roll

For Christmas I put a crayon roll in my 2 year old sons stocking. He loves to put things in small spaces and take things out. I figured this would be perfect for keeping him busy. I was right! He LOVES it.
My husband wasn't a huge fan of the colors. He thought it was more for a girl. I didn't really mind because it was scrap fabric in my stash :) Yellow and black are boy colors right? My husband also thought a velcro closure could have been better because what 2 year old can tie a bow? I had to give him that one. Next time. . .
I also found that regular crayons are a bit too short for the length of my pockets. The crayons tend to get stuck at the bottom. I used larger/thicker crayons for measuring this. I can always stitch a .5-1" seam along the bottom to lift the crayons up a bit.

Hours of fun. I think my son enjoys putting the crayons away and getting them out more than actually using them for coloring.



giveaways

Get your craft on Thurs.




Party Button


2 comments:

edeenut said...

How cute that he likes to put them in and take them out. I think the velcro would be a good idea, I kind of wish I did velcro on my little car roll up mat.

AllieMakes! said...

Very cute! I like the colors! Well done!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com