Monday, November 8, 2010

Maternity Skirt - under the belly.

Why are cute maternity clothes so hard to find? At a reasonable price that is. I'm only going to wear them for "maybe" 5-6 months so paying an arm and a leg is out of the question.

I decided to make a short black maternity skirt that could be very versatile. It can be dressed up or down depending on the need and occasion.

Instead of sewing a panel to go over my belly I decided to make the elastic go UNDER my belly. It is much more comfortable!

I finished the bottom with a simple double needle hem. Simple, Easy, Cheap! This skirt cost me just under $5 with $9.99 Matte Jersey from Jo Ann Fabric. I had a 50% off coupon and used about 3/4 yard. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Photobucket

handmade projects


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Photobucket

No comments: