Thursday, April 28, 2011

Black and White Damask Bag

Recently I flew to upstate NY to look for a house to buy. My husband and I are moving from Washington state to New York this June. Kind of crazy to be moving across the country - literally. While home searching we stopped by my sisters house. It just happened to be my nieces birthday the day we were there.

I made her this bag as a gift. She's a small petite 10 year old and I wanted something small for her to carry, yet large enough to put some books and things in. I looked at a few different bags I liked online and then created my own pattern.
It's made with home decorator fabric and duck cloth for lining (that's what I had that was white in my fabric closet).

I also made a cute little pouch to go inside. I figured she could put loose things inside and then put it in her bag - or really whatever she wanted to do with it.
Every since the pouch swap, I've been on a pouch making kick. Trust me you'll see in future posts.
The cute set together. I was happy with how they turned out.

No comments: