Monday, May 21, 2012

Step 2 - Curtains

The dresser is in place! Yes, minus the 4th nob.
I received my fabric in the mail I ordered for the curtains. I'm not 100% on the color. It looked more yellow online and now compared to the dresser it looks orange??
I placed the fabric over the windows to make sure it would be okay.


I went ahead and made the curtains anyway! I figured I didn't want the curtains to be the exact color as the dresser.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.
 I'm also working a bit with the de-cluttering. And look! The 4th nob is now on the dresser :)
The curtains are lined with blackout fabric. It's a must with a west facing window and long summer daylight hours.  Both of my boys have blackout behind their curtains. It keeps the light out in the morning and evening hours, when I want my boys to stay asleep or fall asleep. I find it also helps a bit with temperature control. An extra layer for the cold and thicker lining for the hot sun.

(these pictures all all taken with my phone - not the best quality)

1 comment:

Preethi said...

Thank you so much for coming over to my blog and entering the giveaway! So happy to have you! And no worries on the multiple entries - I should've made that clearer. I'll just leave one up to make the random number entry easier. :) Hope that's okay and let me know if that doesn't make sense or you have any questions!

And holy cow, you are seriously so talented! I love this fabric and all the things you create. I checked out your etsy shop and those reusable snack bags are so so awesome.